January 19, 2010

100% Whole Wheat Goodness


So, as a first posting to this new blog, I think it is fitting for me to introduce at least a couple of my newer interests in one fabulous loaf! 100% Whole Wheat Bread!


Some of my new year's resolutions are to a) help myself and my family to a healthier eating lifestyle, b) contribute to my family's finances by saving money that would have been spent, which to me is the same as making money and c) to pick up and develop at least one new hobby during 2010.


This loaf fulfills the 3 resolutions above. Well, at least it is a vessel to carry me towards fulfillment. I am trying to use more whole grain goodness and ease my husband and little girls into the acquired taste for health. They eat this up. By baking the bread at home I am making money because I would be spending it on bread and more than it costs me to make it. And finally, I am learning the art of baking- at least a bit of it.


I got the recipe off the bag of King Arthur Whole Wheat Flour, but you can also get it here. The only thing I did differently was to add about 1 Tbs of wheat gluten.

It is tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment